Thursday, June 18, 2009

In The Beginning....

Books Have Always Brought Me Joy

I don't remember a time in my life that I didn't enjoy reading. In fact, I had a great childhood full of friends and good times, but I still think back on all my books and feel warm and cozy inside. I read so many books during the summer and took any class in high school or college that I thought would give me a grade just for reading a book. What could be easier?!

These days my friends tease that
I read so much and most can't figure out how I finish so many books with all the other things on my plate. It's simple...you make time for what's important...friends, family, faith...and a good book!!

Lately I have been enjoying many book blogs so I thought I would create one of my
own. Anyone who knows me knows that I certainly love to give my opinion - but I also love to hear yours.

I am the mother of 2 wonderful kids that are 9 years apart in age. You would think this would curb sibling fighting but it definitely does not. Anytime I am not spent reading and blogging is most likely spent toting them around to their various activities. My boyfriend and I have lived together for years and he also has 2 wonderful kids that we see weekly. I consider them bonuses in my life. All the kids make for a very busy life!

BOOKS...where else can you travel the world from the comfort of your home...


5 comments:

  1. Welcome to the book blogging community!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kacee is starting the book this weekend. She has joined my blog and I put a link on mine to yours. Makes my mind spin just a little that we have the capabilities to do this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog -- I share similar life-priorities and definitely the same love of books and great writing! Glad I've found my way here. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ali -- You are the winner of the Experience Life Magazine Giveaway from my blog! Leave a comment on my blog with your email address and I'll contact you and have the folks over at EL start your subscription. Please do this before Saturday, February 18th.

    ReplyDelete