Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Proverbs - Chapter 7


Well, Chapter 7 again focuses on adultery. I think it must be very important for us to understand that we must not be led astray by the desires of the flesh. Here is an important step in keeping adultery at bay
Proverbs 7:1-5 My son, keep my words and store up my commands within you. Keep my commands and you will live; guard my teachings as the apple of your eye. Bind them on your fingers; write them on the tablet of your heart. Say to wisdom, "You are my sister," and call understanding your kinsman; they will keep you from the adulteress, from the wayward wife with her seductive words.
Here is the verse which describes what happens to those who fall victim.
Proverbs 7:25-27 Do not let your heart turn to her ways or stray into her paths. many are the victims she has brought down; her slain are a mighty throng. Her house is a highway to the grave, leading down to the chambers of death.
Hmmm...anyone still on the fence about this adultery thing??

No comments:

Post a Comment