Saturday, October 24, 2009

Show Me 5 Saturday



Welcome to my Meme!

Each Saturday You will post the answer to these questions. The number indicates the number of answers you will provide.

1 Book you read and/or reviewed this week
2 Words that describe the book
3 Settings where it took place or
characters you met
4 Things you liked and/or disliked about it

5 Stars or less for your rating?

After each of you complete the meme on your blog add a comment here and I will put a link on my post.

Here's Mine

1 Book: So You Want to be a Teacher by Ben Gorden

2 Words: Funny, Short

3 Settings/Characters:
A small school setting, Ben - the teacher, and various students

4Likes/Dislikes:
Loved the short, funny stories that all ended with a good lesson, disliked that is was so short, LOVED that is was written by my middle school/high school science teacher. I knew some of the people he was referring to and it made me laugh out loud, liked the honesty of the book

5 Stars or Less: For me it is a 5 star because of the personal level attached. I don't know if I can be unbiased in my rating. This was a favorite teacher of mine (as was his wife in the 5th grade) and I am not just saying that because they will read this. However, check back this week when I post my full review and you can win a copy and tell me what you think after you win it.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good. It's hard to be unbiased when there is an emotional attachment. My Show Me 5 is here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you already posted the review of the book? I bought my copy this week, and can't wait for it to come in! I almost don't want to read your review until after I've read it!! :-)

    ReplyDelete