Tuesday, September 15, 2009

BBAW Celebrate Books - Blogger Interview...Wanna Meet Drey?

For my BBAW Interview I had the pleasure of meeting (via email) and interviewing Drey from Drey's Library .


Drey (on the left) pictured here with her friend Mary


I was going to give an intro and tell you all about Drey, but quite frankly isn't that what the questions are for? I will, however, say this... Drey's blog is fun to read. Her personality shines through in everything she writes and I, quite frankly, wouldn't mind being friends with her IRL.

Also, I want to say thanks to Drey, because when I found out she was my interview partner I bombarded her with some blog layout questions. She very graciously answered each one. Her tips were a great place to get started with making my blog what I wanted and my blog is looking fabulous if I do say so myself. LOL


1. Tell me a little about your life outside of blogging...significant other? kids?pets?work? You get the drift..

Hmm. I'm married, with one kid (6-yo boy), and I work full time. So, life outside blogging includes working a 40-hr week (if I'm lucky), picking up the kids (+1 'cuz I watch a friend's kid after school, since she goes to the same school as my son), snack times, homework, meals, hanging with the kid & the Mr., laundry, cleaning, and reading. Sounds like a whole chore, eh?

2. What led you to blogging and how long have you been doing it?

Well, let's see. I started blogging at drey's house back in May-ish of 2008. I was very frustrated with the state of the economy, etc. so it was pretty much a rant blog. Then I branched off into kid stuff,and into books, since I read quite a bit. Eventually, the book stuff took over my rant blog, so I started drey's library--in November '08, I believe--so that the book stuff could have its own home.

3. Do you own or would you consider owning a kindle or other e-reader?

I would LOVE a Kindle. I'm hosting the 2009 Ban on Spending challenge (J. Kaye roped me in, lol!), partly so I could not spend all my money on books, and put it towards a Kindle instead. I'm not doing so well in my own challenge though--somehow books keep making their way into my TBR pile...=(

4. Your favorite book? Favorite genre?

Ahh...This is hard. Favorite genre is fantasy. Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, you name it. Favorite BOOK is hard. I have favorite authors in the genre--C.s. Friedman, Michelle Sagara, George R.R. Martin, Patrick Rothfuss, C.E. Murphy...I also love mysteries, and have been very much in the mood for chick lit lately. Please don't make me pick a book...=)

5. How many books would you guess are in your TBR pile right now?

Hmm. A lot? Counting all the books I have for review, and the ones I've won during the year, there are about 50 books.

6. What is the craziest place yo have ever read?
In a hot tub. Trying to keep the book dry was an experience.

7. Describe your ultimate reading experience e.g. place, time, layout, music, etc.

Curled up on a comfy chair with some hot chocolate & Bailey's in a nice keep-warm mug next to me.

8. Eating while reading - good or bad?

GOOD! How else would I indulge in the occasional nibble (chocolate, of course!).

9. Favorite board game/party game?

I love board games and card games. Any kind. Or, should I say, every kind? =) We play Texas Hold 'em in the fall & winter. Board games when we have enough people. It's even carried over into the online world--we play Catan and Carcassonne on the XBOX 360 against our friends.


10. Addicted to any TV show(s)?

Not really. I love The Amazing Race, and Survivor. Loved Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, but it's dead now. Loved Battlestar Galactica, can't wait to see what Cylons will be like. Yes, I am a geek.

11. If you could be anyone (dead or alive) who would you choose and why?

Yeesh. I would love to be the Dalai Lama, and see the world change through the reincarnation cycle. (This is the kind of answer you get when I am replying at 11pm at night!) *grin*


7 comments:

  1. Great interview. The Baan on Spending Challenge sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview, Alison! I wasn't really familiar with Drey's blog or Drey. You asked her some great questions. I like knowing the background to her creating her book blog and about her life aside from reading nd blogging. Thank you!
    I really enjoyed Drey's interview of you, as well. Your blog looks great and I really like your tatse in authors. You posted a great picture , the one of you with your boyfriend, in Drey's blog. You look great together! Four kids some of the time must keep you really busy!

    I have to confess that I visit your blog frequently but I'm not good at commenting :o( I will try to comment more frequently so you know I'm here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Alison!! Thanks for having me! =) & ask away anytime--I may not reply quickly, depending on my workload, but do feel free, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came here from Drey's blog. Nice to meet you. And now I know what the worst thing about e-books is - I have to read them at the computer, and we still have a no food at the computer rule. I'm missing out on chocolate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to see Drey here! I follow her blog, too!

    ReplyDelete