Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Simon's Cat by Simon Tofield


Okay, I totally wanted this book. I watch Simon's Cat on YouTube and it is hilarious! I show the videos to everyone. I received the book and immediately took the time to check it out. It was quite refreshing to be able to sit down and review a book so quickly.

The book cracked me up! I will say that I didn't enjoy it as much as the shorts on YouTube, but it is still funny. I handed it to my 14 y.o. daughter about a week later to show her how cute one of the pages was and she couldn't stop turning the pages and laughing. She had not yet watched the videos and had no idea what to expect.

When I read a comic book I don't laugh out loud much. I get a chuckle and read it front to back. It makes me happy and I enjoy it, but I don't laugh a lot. With Simon's Cat I caught myself letting out the occasional HA!

I would definitely recommend it for a light-hearted laugh. You will enjoy it much more if you have a cat or are familiar with the typical cat personality.

Here is the link for my fav YouTube video of Simon's Cat. I posted it on the giveaway post too, but I want to share it again. Here's a link to the official website.





My contest for this book ends tonight at 11:59. Don't forget to sign up!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that was fun!!! I've never seen Simon's cat before. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that was hilarious! This creator certainly has cat behavior down pat! When the cat ran up the drapes and shredded them, it reminded me of a cat I had. She totally did that.

    I liked how the only thing that woke him up was when the cat sat on his head.

    ReplyDelete